Saturday, September 13, 2008

You like me; You really like me!

Well, I had a nice surprise this week: ChefDruck (which believe me, is a much better moniker than ChefDreck) nominated me for a "I [heart] your blog" award. Of course this one comes with strings attached. I have to answer some questions, then nominate seven other bloggers. . ..but that's okay with me as I was at a loss as to what to post today anyway! I'm feeling a bit of a creative void of late. In fact, I'm feeling paralyzed with so much to do, and a lot of things half-done. Ahh, but that's a different post.

Here are the rules: I have to answer the following questions with one word answers and one word only! Then I must pass it on to seven others! The questions are as follows:

1. Where is your cell phone? Charging
2. Where is your significant other? Bathroom (!)
3. Your hair color? Brown (today)
4. Your mother? Virginia (oops, NJ, they're traveling this weekend)
5. Your father? Virginia (ditto)
6. Your favorite thing? Chocolate
7. Your dream last night? Forgot
8. Your dream/goal? Restedness
9. The room you're in? Bedroom
10. Your hobby? Reading
11. Your fear? Cancer
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you're not? Easygoing
15. One of your wish-list items? Raging Libido (sorry--2 words--but "libidinousness" was just too awkward!)
16. Where you grew up? Virginia
17. The last thing you did? Dishes
18. What are you wearing? Dirty clothes
19. Your TV? Huge.
20. Your pet? Dog & fish
21. Your computer? Macbook
22. Your mood? Unsettled
23. Missing someone? Yes
24. Your car? Sienna
25. Something you're not wearing? Bra
26. Favorite store? Chocosphere.com
27. Your summer? Chaotic
28. Love someone? Family
29. Your favorite color? All (except burnt sienna)
30. When is the last time you laughed? Bedtime
31. Last time you cried? Thursday


While it's hard to whittle my faves down to seven (I'll get the rest of them next time. . .), the seven bloggers I am nominating are as follows:

Florinda at The 3R's: Reading, 'Riting, and Randomness (Fabulous book blog, seriously. I love this woman).

Anna at Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder (I almost hesitate to give you this one; she is so freakin' funny, you may never read my blog again).

Jessica Gottlieb (Not that she needs anymore love--but I'll give it to her anyway--even if she is a fuckin' Republican. I can call her that because she calls me a fuckin' communist. We have a special relationship.)

Cynthia at Don't Gel Too Soon. (We should all be as talented and thoughtful as Cynthia is. Great political commentary).

Joanne at Punditmom (This is another one who doesn't really need the linky love; she does quite well on her own--but her political blog is a must-read.)

Ageless Body/Timeless Mom (I love reading this blog. She cracks me up AND she's currently as obsessed with the Presidential election as I am).

Nina over at Charlie and Nina. (She's a young, incredibly bright mom who simply writes beautifully and from the heart.)

6 comments:

PunditMom said...

Wow! Thanks so much for kind words and the award! You're doing pretty well, too, I think! ;)

Karen said...

Not even in the same league. But thanks!

Anonymous said...

Gee thanks. So nice to even be nominated. Hope I win the little eunuch guy. oh- it's not that?
Well.
Just kidding. So nice of you to nominate me. I really do appreciate the linky love. Plus, you're pretty funny too!

Florinda said...

Thank you so much, Karen - I [heart] your blog too, but you knew that already, I hope!

I will have to check out Ageless Body/Timeless Mom, since that's the only blog you awarded that I don't read already.

Thanks again, and I will pay it forward soon!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I'm so flattered! :) Thanks Karen.

And a few blogs I haven't yet checked out too. Although, like you, I am totally feeling stretched thin and have barely gotten around to reading any blogs lately. Horrible, I know.

Anyway, thanks!! :)

Anna Lefler said...

Thank you so much, Karen! This is my first-ever bloggy nomination of any kind and I DIG IT. Plus, I am honored by the company in which you place me.

I send you a bouquet of love whammys in return...